Danube Waltz on Viking Legend
Passau to Budapest
Explore four of Europe’s most enchanting countries along the storied Danube River; Austria, Germany, Hungary and Slovakia. See the range of architectural wonders in Budapest and Bratislava, sail through the spectacular Wachau Valley, and take a tour of the 900-year-old baroque Benedictine abbey at Melk on this amazing 8-day itinerary.
Admire the Wachau Valley’s beauty from your Viking Longship....
The award-winning Viking Legend hosts just 188 guests on some of our most popular itineraries. These sleek vessels offer deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and sweeping river views, plus hybrid engines. This extraordinary vessel has two 340-square-foot suites and 96 staterooms, with French Balcony staterooms on the upper and middle decks and standard staterooms with picture windows on the main deck. With good deck height, Viking Legend is similar to Viking Sun and Viking Helvetia, but has a slightly sleeker shape for ultimate flexibility. Best of all, Viking Legend is a “green” ship, with hybrid diesel-electric engines producing 20% fewer emissions and reduced noise/vibration.
TravelAge West “Editor’s Choice” Award, Best New River Cruise Ship; Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll Top River Cruise Ship
- 98 comfortable outside river-view staterooms (2 suites, 66 French Balcony, 24 Standard, 5 singles)
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area
- Observation lounge and bar with panoramic windows/li>
- Restaurant with panoramic views/li>
- Library & onboard boutique/li>
- Free shipwide wireless internet/li>
- Laundry service/li>
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines/li>
- Sony 32” flat-panel TV with CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic and more/li>
Since its first sailings along Russia’s waterways nearly 20 years ago, Viking® has reinvented river cruising. Today, Viking invites guests to sample the rich cultures and fine wines and cuisine along Europe’s great rivers—all aboard the continent’s most comfortable, state-of-the-art ships—and the storied rivers of China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. The innovative Viking Longships® are the most award-winning vessels on Europe ...